Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What we've been up to!

We haven't had too much excitement lately, and this past weekend was nice and low-key which is a great change of pace. And the end of last week was nice because it was BOGO at Starbucks, so a coworker and I treated ourselves to the new Chestnut Praline Latte that I was so excited to try...it was very tasty!!  Not too sweet, but just sweet enough to make me love it :)

E-M-M-I-E....close enough.

Brian headed up to Erie for his annual fishing trip with his dad and some family friends.  Unfortunately for him, Erie looked like this over the weekend:


 Yikes!  But they had a good time anyway.  I always give him a hard time because they go on this trip every year, Brian has yet to actually catch a fish and Danny sometimes catches some (but not this year!) so I tease him and ask him why he goes.  But I know that it's for the experience and the time with his dad....it's the same reason that I love Black Friday shopping with my mom and mother-in-law so much, and why I love going to girls nights with my friends...it's not about what you're doing, it's who you're with.


 The kids and I headed to Washpa for the weekend to enjoy some time with GG and Pappy while Brian was gone.  For the most part, we just relaxed, but on Saturday morning we headed over to my friend Cortney's house and the kids were excited to play with her daughter, Liliana.  We hadn't seen them since over the summer so it was nice to catch up and the kids had a blast and even made some Christmas ornaments.





The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with GG and Pappy (I talked GG into watching the first Christmas movie of the year with me..."Let it Snow"...it was just ok)

Pappy was in charge of bedtime stories
GG helped with homeowork


Gracie caught up on naps:



We headed home Sunday morning and had to face the reality of stuff like doing laundry and finishing homework...blah!  My mom had got the kids these cute little turkey door hangers so the kids worked on that when we got home so that I could unload all of our stuff:





We have a busy week ahead of us this week with some evening commitments....I'm already counting down to the weekend!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...