Friday, February 22, 2008

6 week checkup

We've got a 10 pounder on our hands! Jake had his monthly check up today (he'll be 6 weeks on Tuesday) and he's 10 lbs, 22 inches, which puts him close to the 50th percentile for both things, so the dr was pleased to see that he's catching up in size. Other than that, it was a routine visit, everything is looking great. we go back at the end of March for the first round of immunizations (yikes!) the shots will probably upset mommy more than Jake :)

In other news, we plan on transitioning Jake from the bassinett in our room to his crib within the next 2 weeks or so (wish us luck!) I'm trying to put him down for naps in the crib during the day to get him used to being in there, but so far, the longest he's made it in there by himself is 25 minutes. we'll keep at it though....he just looks so lost in the giant crib all by himself!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Daily Grind

Everyone always asks what Jake & I do during the day, so I figured I'd post a brief rundown of our daily activities:

-Daddy gets up for work around 6am; before he leaves, he changes Jake & tries to get him back to sleep for me before leaving
-attempt to get a bit more sleep, sometimes successful, sometimes not. (see below for "success" picture)

-Jake gets breakfast in bed
-tummy time for Jake while mommy eats breakfast on the living room floor to supervise
-watch "the view"
-lunch! (daddy normally comes home for an hour)
-afternoons are normally spent cleaning up around the house/doing laundry/reading a book -more tummy time in the hallway while mommy plays fetch with Gracie
-relax in nursery, read a book to Jake
-get dinner ready & await the return of daddy!

It's a demanding schedule, but someone's gotta do it :)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

entering the world of blogging....

It's February in Pittsburgh, which means that 99% of the time it's freezing cold and snowing (like today)...the other 1% is normally warmer, but raining. Needless to say, activities with a newborn are rather limited. So I started thinking today...what does Jake not have in his life so far? He has loving parents, the cutest dog in the world, access to an all you can eat buffet that's open 24 hours a day, some of the nicest furniture in our house, piles of books, toys, clothes, etc.... he seemed to have nearly everything except....his own website. I figured it would be a nice idea to start this, since we have so many friends and family who are out of town. We'll do our best to keep it updated with current pictures, reports on how he's doing, doctor's visits, milestones, etc... Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...