Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Luau 2012


It's hard to believe we have been doing the luau for SIX years!!  It's always so much fun and, not to toot our own horns, but we agreed that this was the best one yet.  We had the.perfect.weather for it.  It was sunny, a little breezy, and the temperatures were in the mid-70's.  See?  Perfect!

I wanted to try out some different food this year, so I turned to (where else?) Pinterest, of course!

Sand Pudding (recipe found here)


 Nutter Butter Flip Flops (original idea found here)

 
Some other food shots:


 A highlight of the day for Brian was seeing me wearing shoes in the house; he felt like this was such a rare, momentous occasion that he made me stop and pose for a picture. Yes, I am one of those obsessive people who can't stand shoes in the house.  This is the ONE single day out of the year that I will deal with it and not cringe.  Or at least try to not cringe.  But you know I was busting out that vacuum and mop first thing the next morning!


Another highlight for me was definitely all of the kids running around.  I realize that some people may think that would actually be a downside to the party, but I love it.  I love seeing them run around our yard, without a care in the world, eating junk food all afternoon, and playing until they crash (late at night!).  One of the reasons we fell in love with our house was because of the backyard, and we had visions of kids loving to play there...so seeing that come true makes us really happy!



They got a little wild at one point (you probably don't remember, but there was some couch-jumping last year....couch jumping with 3 or 4 smaller kids is much different than couch-jumping with 5 or 6 kids, who all went through growth spurts in the past year!)  Brian and I agreed that this was probably the last year for the couch jumping, it was fun while it lasted.

For some inexplicable reason, most of the boys felt the need to remove their shirts prior to couch jumping and milkshake consuming. 


Aside from their wild moments, I was really, really impressed by the kids overall.  I didn't count, but I'm pretty sure there were at least 25 kids there.  Of course, there was the standard bickering over toys and some sharing squabbles, but no all out battles and I really think they played quite nicely together.  And no one sustained any major injuries, which is always a mark in the "win" column when there are that many kids put together!

Another great thing about the day was that my cousin from Canada, her husband and 4 kids were able to come to the party!  We hadn't seen them since last summer...and at that time, there were only 3 kids!  Here is GG meeting the cutie Greyson:


Thanks to everyone who joined us, we hope you had as much fun as we did!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...