Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Beach Bums

It was Liam's first time seeing the ocean, and while he's been swimming before, I wasn't sure how he'd react to a much larger expanse of water.  Turns out, I had nothing to worry about; he literally crawled right into the ocean.  I'm pretty sure he would have kept going had I let him.

Video:



He looks worried here, but I often look worried when I realize I don't know what could be lurking underneath me in the ocean, too.

I'd had him in training for the past few months, trying to break his little habit of ingesting fistfuls of sand.  Ick.  I thought if I exposed him to our sand table at home enough, the allure of chowing down on sand would wear off...yeah, not so much.  This was New Jersey sand, time to sample!!  Fortunately, he did stop eating it by the 2nd day.  Which is good, because it literally made me gag to watch him, I don't know how he enjoyed it.


It's a good thing he got over his sand craving and got to work, there was lots of digging to be done throughout the week!






Ben and Jake had a blast together, jumping in the holes they dug, and running into the water:


Good times were had by all!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...