Thursday, December 1, 2011

Worth watching

I don't normally talk about my personal/political/religious views (outside of parenting) too much on this blog, but this video that has been floating around Facebook really got to me this morning, and I think it has a great message.  When there are so many things going on in our country (and the world) that are so terrible, and in desperate need of fixing, is the subject of gay marriage really something that policy makers should be spending so much time (and money) on?

I can only hope that by the time my boys are old enough to marry, they will be free to choose to marry whomever they want to at that point, regardless of sex. 

*stepping off my soapbox now*

1 comment:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Wow - first off, that man is an excellent speaker! Secondly, I don't follow politics too closely, but as I was watching this, I couldn't help but wonder "um, yeah, why WOULD your parents' sexual orientation have any effect on you as a person!" I can't explain it I guess, but it just makes sense to me that it would have zero effect! I sure hope the seed this young man planted grew into the law makers' heads and they made the "right" vote. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...