Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Recipe: Crockpot Pot Roast

Welcome to my first Crocktober recipe sharing post!! 


Early this week, I tested out this recipe from www.mariescookingadventures.com with just a few tweaks.

Crockpot Pot Roast
  

Ingredients: 

  • A 2-5 lb roast. (any kind)  (mine was just an oven roast, about 3 lbs)
  • 1 envelope ranch dressing (dried) 
  •  1 packet of dried onion soup (this wasn't included in the original recipe, but it's what I have always put in my roasts, so I just threw it in anyway)
  • 1 envelope Italian dressing (I included the whole packet, but the next time I make it, I would probably only do about half....I think since I added in the onion soup mix it got a bit salty!) 
  • 1 envelope brown gravy mix (this is where I changed it a bit, I only had a large jar of aus ju brown gravy, so I just threw that in instead)
  • Potatoes and Carrots  (enough to fill a bottom layer on your CrockPot) (I used about 4 large potatoes and half bag of baby carrots)
  • 1 to 1-1/2 cup water (I only added in about 1/4 cup of water since I had used the gravy instead of the dried packet, I didn't want the sauce to get super runny)

Directions:

  1.  Put any carrots and potatoes in the bottom of your CrockPot. I usually quarter my potatoes and use baby carrots.
  2. Put Roast on top of vegetables. 
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together all spice envelopes, jar of gravy, and small amount of water.  Pour on top of roast.
  4. Cook on LOW for 6-10 hours until tender and veggies cooked through.

The original recipe's title didn't lie...this was the best pot roast ever! (or at least the best one I've ever made!)  We will definitely be sticking with this option from now on. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...