Friday, October 10, 2014

Favorite Finds Friday!



Linking up over at Friday Favorites again today....


Momfessionals

Favorite Find #1: Light the Night Walk for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

This isn't really a "find" so much as just a favorite....for the past 2 years, our family has participated in the Light the Night Walk to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  We walk to support our dear friend's dad, who has been battling for over a year.  Obviously, it's not a favorite for the reason behind needing the walk....but it's a favorite for what an amazing, beautiful night is is.  Really, seeing all of the walkers, whether they are there to support someone like we are, or there because they are currently battling or are a survivor....it's amazing. 


The kids come along and get to enjoy some activities before the fun starts (excuse the terrible editing job on Jake's shirt, I wanted to remove his school name):

Future Pitt Panther!


And there are fireworks after the walk:

Mesmerized.

A huge thank you to everyone who donated to the walk....our team raised over $3,000!!!!

Favorite Find #2: Elsa's Book of Secrets

A weird pick for a favorite, I know....but I had to mention it as a good gift for anyone looking for a younger girl.  I picked it up at the store Five Below (do you have one of these near you?  A great place to pick up arts and crafts kits for kids!) as part of a gift recently and plan on grabbing another one for a different party we have coming up.  It has a lock, which of course makes it cool immediately, but what I liked about it is that there are different writing prompts that I think are perfect for the 6-7 year old crowd who are just learning to write in full sentences.  The writing prompts are things like, "Who is your best friend?  What do you like best about him or her?"  "What is your favorite subject in school and why?"  There are also some spaces to include drawings and blank pages for free writing.  If you don't have a Five Below, it looks like it's available on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Frozen-Elsas-Book-Secrets/dp/1472325184


Favorite Find #3: Old Navy Plaid Flannel Boyfriend Shirts

I picked this up awhile ago when it was on super sale and I was able to stack it with a coupon (love when that happens!) and it looks like it's on super sale again, $15-$18 depending on the color.  I've been on a mission lately that if I buy an article of clothing, it has to fit 2 criteria:

1. I have to love it.  If I am not madly in love with it, it's not coming home with me.
2. I need to be able to wear it to both work and home. (pants being an exception...I don't like to wear real pants at home)

This shirt fit both of my new criteria...I'm actually rocking it at work today!!  Excuse the bathroom selfies.



Secret's out...I wear glasses almost all day at work!

It's hard to see, but on my nails is Essie's Carry On that I mentioned a few weeks ago as a friday favorite...love, love, love it. 

Here's a better shot of the shirt on a model:





Shirt can be found here: http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=122355002


Happy Friday!!! 

1 comment:

ap said...

I love that shirt! Must get one. Thanks for sharing that book too...I have a little lady who likes Frozen. She's not in love with it like a lot of kids are but she does like it. Your boys are precious! I enjoyed visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...