Thursday, September 8, 2011

Big Boy, Big Backpack

Thankfully, the "summer camp" aspect of daycare is over!  I'm sure the kids really enjoy the camp idea since there's water play every morning, picnic lunches outside and generally much less structure than during the school year....but as a parent, it was kind of a pain.  I needed a personal assistant just to keep things straight for me, since every day required sending Jake to school in swim clothes (and shoes!), but packing extra clothes and shoes to put on after water play was over.  A clean towel had to be sent in on Mondays, then brought home for washing on Fridays.  Thursdays were outside picnic lunch days, which meant a brown paper bag with items that didn't need to be refrigerated or microwaved.  It might not sound like much to do, but since I was on maternity leave most of this time, I never had any idea what day of the week it was, let alone which camp day it was at school.

Which brings me to my post today---camp is over, which means that Jake got to start carrying his brand new backpack.  Over the summer, I took him to Toys R Us one day & told him that he could pick out his very own backpack and lunch box.  I had no idea that this would turn into a 30 minute agonizing decision. (I'm such an indecisive person myself, I'm guessing he picked up this trait from me)  In the end, he went with a superhero backpack and a Cars lunchbox.

I can't wait to hear about all of the new things he's going to learn in class this year! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...