Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Book Review: Mockingjay (Suzanne Collins)

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

This is the last book in the Hunger Games trilogy; I don't think I've done a review on any of the books yet, so I'll just sum up the series.

Based on the description, I never would have picked this book up on my own to read. I'm not into fantasy/sci-fi stuff at all (Twilight being the exception to that rule-don't judge) but I kept hearing great things about this series, so I decided to give it a try.

It took me awhile to get used to the subject matter in the first book, but once I got into it, I was hooked. The 2nd book was a bit disappointing, and I didn't find it to be nearly as riveting as the first. But of course, I wanted to read it because I was already invested in the story & characters at that point.

I'm glad that I stuck with it, because halfway through book #3, I was actually looking forward to my commute on the bus so that I could continue reading.

If you're going to commit to the series, my only suggestion is that you read all of the books together. I was on the library wait list for the first 2 books, so I had to wait about 2 months in between them. There were about 7 months in between books 2 & 3, just because I got caught up reading other things, and that was way too long for my brain. I found myself confused for some of the first part of book 3, just trying to piece back together bits of the story line and characters.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...