Thursday, February 10, 2011

Book Review: "Unbearable Lightness" (Portia de Rossi)

Unbearable Lightness (Portia de Rossi)

This was an intriguing, sad and uplifting book. It's the story of Portia de Rossi's 20 year battle with eating disorders and her struggle to accept herself, her weight and her life as a gay woman.

I'll admit that I picked up the book mainly because I'm a huge fan of Ellen DeGeneres, and Portia is of course, married to Ellen. I watched Ally McBeal back in the day, so all that I ever knew of the author was her character on that show. But by the end of the book, I was rooting for Portia and really hoping that she was able to overcome her illness and the inner struggles she faced every day trying to fit into the typical Hollywood mold.

Up next: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Stieg Larsson)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...