Thursday, May 17, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Liam!!

Liam,

Whenever someone meets you, one of the first things they say is, "He's so smiley!" and it's true, you are always so full of smiles.  Which is funny, because for your first few months of life, I said you were one of the most serious babies I had ever met.  And you still have your serious moments where you look like you are really contemplating what is going on around you; but for those first few months, your forehead would wrinkle and you were intently concentrate on what was around you!

You are most ticklish on your sides right under your arms, and on the bottoms of your feet.  You love your bath (especially now that you get to take them with Jake), and you LOVE to eat.  The teachers at your school report to me that you often have to be separated from the other kids at meal time because you try to steal their food once you've consumed all of yours :)  You have approximately 972 baby toys but of course, your favorite toys are whatever Jake is currently playing with.  You try to keep up with him as best you can, and you do a pretty good job most of the time.

You can stand by yourself for about 10 seconds at a time, and you can make it the whole way across a room using a push toy.  You cruise along the couch, pull yourself up on just about anything you can get your hands on, and get into anything that's within your reach (why is Gracie's water bowl oh so tempting?) You are always babbling and telling us things, and you're starting to point at certain objects and say "eh?", like you want to know what it is, or if you can have it. 

While you love to be on the move, you also still let me cuddle you, which I will take advantage of for as long as I can.  Even in the middle of playing sometimes you stop, crawl into my lap, and bury your head in my chest or put it on my shoulder.  Sometimes it may only be for a few seconds, but it's enough for me...to know that you still need me, even in the middle of having so much fun. 

Thank you for all of the memories so far, we can't wait to see what the next year brings for you, Liam!

6 lbs, 13 oz  -  20.5 inches long


Happy first birthday, Liam, we love you!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

AWWW! Happy Birthday Liam! I can't believe he's 1 already. The year has flown by hasn't it. I'm getting all teary thinking about Eamon's 1st in another month!
Have a wonderful day!

Sara said...

Gosh, Emmy, I can't believe he's 1 already. He is SO cute, and I think he looks a lot like Jake. Thanks for such a sweet post. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...