Friday, March 16, 2012

Cue "Pomp & Circumstance"!


My baby just graduated!!

I probably don't need to tell you that the transition was harder on mama than it was on Liam.  I may, or may not have cried when I proudly hung his diploma up on the fridge.



We loved the teachers in Infant 1 but knew he was ready to move in.  He was the oldest baby in the room by more than a month, so the teachers said he was starting to get bored.  (they typically don't move them to the next room until they crawl, which he's not yet, so that's why he was still in the younger room)  But we're also hoping that maybe seeing all of the other mobile babies will motivate him to get moving! 

He'll be 10 months old on Saturday, and I just packed up a lot of his 6-9 month clothes last weekend.  He's still loving food, though he's starting to reject purees, so we've moved on to a lot of finger foods (which I have to say I'm very grateful for-I was really getting tired of making purees and having to spoon feed him everything).  So far he's had: chicken, all kinds of diced veggies, blueberries, bananas, crackers with hummus, cheerios, waffles, pancakes, tacos, and pasta.  He will occasionally do the sign for "more" but most of the time, he's just too impatient and finds that banging the tray and yelling is a much more effective way of communicating :) 

Alright now STOP-Banana time! 




There's a hummus among us.
We had a brief glimmer of hope that his reflux was starting to go away, but then the whole mess started up all over again in the past week.  I gave it a few days, thinking it was a fluke, but unfortunately, that's not the case.  After talking to the pediatrician's office, they advised that I increase his meds again so he went from 2.5 ml of zantac twice/day to 3 ml twice/day.  The nurse could probably tell that I sounded discouraged on the phone and assured me that even though we have to increase it now, it's still a good sign that he probably is getting better with it since he had been on that previous dose for a good 3 months now, whereas before, we were increasing his dose every 4 weeks or so.  Baby steps, I suppose! 

It's hard to believe that he'll be a year old in just 2 months!  The obsessive planner in me started to gather ideas for his birthday party months ago...pinterest certainly helps to feed my addiction to gathering up ideas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...