Thursday, November 24, 2011

One man comedy show

While doing laundry one day, I bent over and my pants must have come down a bit in the back (I have a tattoo on my lower back on the right side); Jake said, "Mommy!  Who gave you that stamper?  It's very nice, you must have had a good day!" (they get stamps sometimes at school if they have a good day)

When talking about Christmas/Santa recently, he confirmed with me that the reindeer live at the North Pole.  Then he asked where the elves live, and I told him they live at the North Pole, too.  Then we had this conversation:
Jake: Oh.  Ok.  That's good that they live there because they have to sell the toys, right?
Me: You mean make the toys?  the elves make the toys at the North Pole.
Jake: No, they sell them.
Me: um...who do they sell them to?
Jake (in his "duh" tone): They sell them to Toys R Us, mommy!

He'll probably be embarrassed later in life that I shared this one, but oh well.   Brian was doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred at home the other day and while Jake was watching him, he made this observation: "Daddy...we don't have the bouncies.  The ladies on the TV have the bouncies.  Only girls have bouncies, right?"
I was not in the room at the time, so poor daddy was totally unprepared in that moment to have any type of body part conversation with his 3.5 year old and just made some type of strange noise of acknowledgment then quickly changed the subject :)

2 comments:

JCHokie said...

I'm not sure which is funnier, your "stamper" or Brian doing the JM's 30 day shred!!! Love Jake, so stinking funny!!! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

Ben and Cori Momma said...

agh yes, the bouncies are funny to men at any age huh? But it does start young as one day Cori lifted up her shirt, pointed to her nipples and said "mine will get bigger and bigger when I get older right mommy?" Insert wild look of panic on my face here... Kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...