Thursday, April 14, 2011

32 week ultrasound

After my bummer of a post the other day, I have something much more fun to talk about today---our 32 week ultrasound! He was once again going crazy in there, kicking the ultrasound wand every time she tried to put it on my belly. clearly, he was not amused to be poked & prodded first thing in the morning. He was also practicing his breathing (which I guess is something they don't do all of the time), which prevented her from getting the belly measurements that she needed right away.

So, while we waited for him to stop his practicing, she flipped over to 4D mode to give us a new view of the baby....normally, I find these things to be freaky, but since it was my own kid, I was kind of in awe once we got a glimpse. (though admittedly, still a bit freaked out by the details) These pictures aren't the best (she printed some out, so these are pictures of a picture from my camera):



I think he resembles Jake in some of those shots.

He settled down after that, stopped moving around so much & had stopped his practicing, so she was able to finish up & get the measurements she needed. the baby is HUGE! 4 lbs, 2 oz...the tech said that puts him in the 81st percentile, but then when I came home, I googled what the average weight of a baby is at this point & it said they should be around 3 lbs, 12 oz. So it doesn't seem TOO far off to me, but whatever. She said my doctor would take a closer look at the measurements & discuss everything with me once the office receives the report. But either way, it was a relief to find out that he's growing just fine in there.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...