Monday, November 29, 2010

Gobble, Gobble

We were able to take off Wednesday from work and make it an extended trip to visit Brian's family, it's always nice to have the extra time!



I had promised Jake that he could watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade; I wasn't sure if it would hold his attention, but I remember that I always looked forward to watching the parade at my Grandma's house on Thanksgiving, so I figured we'd give it a shot. He loved it!!


We weren't going to eat our meal until late afternoon because of Jake's nap, but the excitement of the holiday morning must have really worn him out because he woke up after 1 hour, 45 minutes and when I went in to get him he said (while rubbing his eyes & yawning), "I not ready to get up yet". um...ok? So down he went for another 45 minutes.

Once he managed to drag himself out of bed, we enjoyed a delicious meal!! Jake wasn't a huge fan of the turkey, but he put away carrots, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce like it was his job.

What's Thanksgiving without some football? After the meal, Jake & Brian's Uncle Pip played a little game of their own. At one point, Uncle Pip hid from Jake & he was wandering around the house saying "Where aaaaaaaaare ewwwwwwwwwww?" When we asked him who he was looking for, he said "My fwiend". Duh, mom.



We hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoyed some good company and ate way too much food...we certainly did!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...