Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Vacation

We took a trip to visit the in-laws over the weekend; I'm classifying it as a vacation for a few reasons:


-we took vacation days to make it a long weekend
-I ate whatever I wanted
-Nana took Jake every morning so that we could sleep in (it was glorious)
-we went swimming (see next post for details on Jake's first swim lesson)
-I FINALLY saw "Sex & The City" (LOVED it! and I love Brian for taking me to see it, totally against his will...though I caught him laughing quite a few times....)


We had a great time and Jake had a few adventures and quite a few visitors. Aunt Reen & Cousin Sarah came over Friday night...Jake loved hanging out with them because they happened to be there just in time to feed him dinner.



Brian's BFF Ed and his fiancee Sarah came over to visit as well, Jake enjoyed snuggling with Sarah before bedtime.



The highlight of the weekend for Jake was probably getting his first taste of sweet potatoes. After a funny look on his face during the first bite, he then gobbled it down. He probably would have finished the whole jar had I let him, but being the slightly paranoid mommy that I am, I didn't want to overdo it at first. I hope he keeps up these great eating habits!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...