Monday, July 28, 2008

A Busy Sunday

We had no plans on Sunday, which was fabulous! Our friend Hannah had stayed with us Saturday night after Melissa's shower (see next post!) and Sunday we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go into Oakland for some walks in the sunshine and of course, Dave and Andy's! For those of you not familiar, Dave & Andy's is only the BEST ice cream you will ever have. Seriously...you'll never want to have ice cream from anywhere else ever again.
I have to share my excitement about our trip there...I always get chocolate chip cookie dough, it's my staple. But-Hannah was ordering Birthday Cake (also a tasty treat) and I almost switched my order, until I happened to glance into the tub of cookie dough ice cream; inside of the magical tub was the BIGGEST clump of cookie dough I have ever seen! It was seriously probably the equivalent of 2 or 3 cookies (only it was dough, so that's even BETTER than real cookies!) So of course, I switched back to the cookie dough and asked the girl specifically to dish out that huge chunk for me. Heaven on a cone, let me tell you!


So we enjoyed walking around Oakland, reminsicing about the "good old days", getting very nostalgic about it all. After that, we just relaxed around the house, Brian got a bit of yard work done and then it was time for dinner. At Jake's pediatrician appointment last week, the dr said that we could offer him water in a sippy cup whenever we were comfortable doing it, so we figured why not? We weren't expecting much, we really just wanted to get him introduced to the sippy & figured he'd play around with it while we finished eating dinner. Wrong! Brian helped him hold it at first:


But pretty soon, he was holding it up all by himself!


He got frustrated when he didn't hold it up far enough and no water came out, so we'd tip it back for him and he'd get some more out of it. By the end of dinner, he had downed 1.5 ounces of water! I hope this keeps up, because I have never been a big fan of water, so maybe Jake will continue to enjoy it.

By the end of the day, sheer exhaustion had set in....an exhaustion so overwhelming that even being stripped down naked didn't wake him. ahhh...the life of a baby.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...