Wednesday, April 29, 2015

What's Up Wednesday?

I saw this on another blog this morning and thought it would be fun to participate!


Here are the questions....


Let's do this!!

1.  What we're eating this week: This will is a bit slower in terms of baseball than last week, but we have 2 nights of social events (on schoolnights-GASP!) so some nights have been grab and go or leftovers.  But on Sunday, I made my favorite Simply Lasagna on Sunday, and we will most likely eat the remainder of the leftovers tonight.  Tomorrow night will be tacos, and Friday will be grab and go due to baseball.  If the weather cooperates on Saturday, we'll most likely do burgers or chicken on the grill! 

2. What I'm reminiscing about: I'm reminiscing about this little guy, who turns FOUR next month!!  Hard to believe, right??



3.  What I'm loving: I've been loving the enthusiasm of both the boys AND Brian over their latest project...they are going to build a treehouse this summer :)  It's been Brian's dream since childhood to have a treehouse, so he's making it happen.  They've been working on collecting scrap wood and other materials from various places that have been giving it away to him, and drawing up floorplans and sharing ideas of what they want inside the treehouse.  It's so cute to watch them all brainstorm together, even Liam, as they talk about what they want and Jake takes notes and draws out what he thinks it will look like.  I can't wait for the finished product! 

4.  What we've been up to:  If we're not at work or baseball, we've mostly been trying to get the outside ready for spring/summer by clearing out the remainder of leaves that were left from fall, putting the cushions back out on the patio furniture, weeding....you know, all the fun stuff that goes along with being a homeowner. 

5.  What I'm dreading: I hate to say this, but the one part of summer that I really dislike is the summer camp shuffle....parents, you know what I'm talking about!!  The bathing suits, the field trips, remembering which day they're supposed to pack a particular kind of lunch that can go in a cooler and not be heated up, the insane amounts of laundry that result from it all.  It will be fine...every year, it's fine.  But it's an adjustment.  It's an extra pick up (Jake and Liam don't go to the same place in the summer), it's more to remember and more to haul back and forth every day, but we'll survive.  Doesn't mean I won't whine about it though.  Brian likes to refer to himself as "Mr. Summer Camp Sherpa Man" during these few months.

6.  What I'm working on:  Liam's birthday party next month!  It's going to be his first friend party, and he requested a Paw Patrol theme.  My pinterest board is ready to explode.  Here's a little sneak peek (personal info removed):



7: What I'm excited about: Vacations!!  We actually have two trips coming up over the summer; first up, Brian and I will be taking our very first trip somewhere together without the kids.  I'm excited and feel like I'm going to throw up over the idea, all at the same time.  We've both left the kids separately, but never at the same time.  I'm sure they will have a ball with Nana and PopPop and probably won't even notice we're gone!  Our family vacation this year is to Flathead Lake, Montana...full disclosure, this is totally not a vacation I would have ever suggested on my own.  But Brian's sister's in-laws have very generously offered to let us come and stay the week in their beautiful lakehouse and now that we're all set to to, I'm excited because it will be something I normally wouldn't get to experience, and I know the boys are going to have a blast.  I'm looking forward to getting in some serious relaxation and reading! And maybe dipping a toe in the lake, I've heard it's beautiful but cold!! 




8.  What I'm watching/reading:  Ironically, I posted this morning about what I'm reading (The Girl on the Train) before I even saw this post.  I'm watching my usual TV shows....The Voice (kinda-sorta...I'm not that into it this year, so I'm usually doing other stuff while half watching and I almost always fall asleep in the middle of it), The Real Housewives of NY (welcome back, Bethenny!), Modern Family, New Girl, Grey's Anatomy (*sniff, sniff*) and Scandal.  Counting down the days until the Bachelorette and So You Think You Can Dance start back up!



9.  What I'm listening to: Right at this exact moment, nothing (I'm at work).  But at home and in the car, we are still on a big Taylor Swift and "Uptown Funk" kick.  :)  I realized that I don't think I ever posted this pretty entertaining video of our trip to visit Melissa & Dennis a few weeks ago....here are the boys, showing off their sweet moves:



Uptown funk you up, indeed.

10: What I'm wearing: Not PJs, go me!! :)  a standard work outfit:



11.  What I'm doing this weekend: Friday night baseball game for Jake, Saturday morning practice for Jake and game for Liam.  In the afternoon, our BFFs gave us their tickets to the Steelers Fan Blitz at Heinz Field, so we plan on going there!  Church on Sunday morning, no plans other than that!!

12.  What I'm looking forward to next month: Lots of stuff!  Liam's birthday, continuing to watch the boys play baseball, planting flowers, Mother's Day....so much to look forward to!! 

13.  What else is new: I think I talked about nearly anything there is to talk about!! My school where I work had graduation last week so things are slowing down here, and Jake's school year is winding down, too.  Summer will be here before we know it! 

Free printable found here

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love having a theme. That's fun! What a great way to catch up with you!

I have to say... I LOVE Montana. I would move there in a heartbeat. It is amazing. I know "the great outdoors" isn't exactly your thing, but keep an open mind. I have a soft spot for the Finger Lakes in NY, but Montana / Wyoming is my next favorite place ever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...