Friday, September 26, 2014

"Something Blue" Bridal Shower

Last weekend, I was able to co-host (along with my mother-in-law) a bridal shower for my fabulous sister-in-law, Amy.  Amy and her fiancee Ben are getting married in November, and we can't wait to officially welcome him to the family!  So of course, we had to celebrate their upcoming wedding with a shower!

First up, the details of the day! (thanks to Joy for taking some great pics!) Our bridesmaid dresses for the wedding are navy blue, so we decided to go with a "Something Blue" theme. (I may or may not have worn a blue dress on purpose...it's like I have an illness where I can't stop myself from matching a theme!)

Invitations

contact info edited for privacy

I ordered the invitation from the Etsy shop Cherish by Noel (https://www.etsy.com/shop/CherishByNoel?ref=l2-shopheader-name)  The seller was very easy to work with and shipped the invitations very quickly.  And she has tons of other cute bridal items in her shop!

Cupcakes

Next up, we had to decide on the most important part of the shower dessert.This was a pretty easy decision since Amy had already secured a great baker for her wedding cake (and I had sampled her cupcakes at an engagement party previously, they were delicious!); we went with Cozze Cakes and Amy Cozze did not disappoint!  After receiving a copy of the invitation, she decided to carry out the same chalkboard look (along with the "something blue") theme into the cupcakes.


I can assure you that they tasted just as good as they looked!!  You can like Cozze Cakes on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/cozzecakes

Favors

I actually posted about these favors in last week's Favorite Finds Friday post, which you can find here: http://misadventuresinbabyland.blogspot.com/2014/09/favorite-finds-friday_26.html

As I said in that post, if I can, I always like to support people with their own business, especially fellow moms.  So when I was trying to think of some favor ideas, I immediately thought of a former classmate of mine, who owns a company called Chocolate Apple Orchard. She sells both gourmet apples and chocolate covered pretzels.  We decided to go with the pretzels and they did not disappoint!



The pretzels came in the bag with the ribbon, so all we had to do was attach the thank you tags on (which I found as a free printable here: http://cupcakeexpressinc.com/blog/2011/11/thanks-so-much-to-all-my-fabulous-fans/)

You can like Chocolate Apple Orchard on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chocolate-Apple-Orchard/117356978439548

Venue

After LOTS of deliberation, we chose Blue Grillhouse in Bethlehem, PA...and it ended up being a great choice! And how fitting is it that the name of the restaurant fit our "something blue" theme so well??  The room was cozy and perfect for the shower (we had around 20 guests); it was in their wine room, which I think gave it a really unique look:


We really thought the room had a lot of character without having to go crazy with decor (and they provided the little candles on the tables), so we kept it simple with some orange mums (orange will be the color of Amy's flowers for the wedding)  Since we had a smaller party, they worked with us on the menu, rather than having us use their usual event menu, which was geared toward larger groups...everyone seemed to enjoy the food!


And now onto the fun stuff...the BRIDE!!!  Amy looked great, can't wait to see her all dolled up for her wedding day!

Danny, Sally, Amy, Ben
me and Sally
me and Joy
Sally, me, Lisa
me and Amy...and the cupcakes. I wish I had one right now.
Mother and Daughter :)

1 comment:

zerry ht said...

Simply astonishing décor. I love blue and this bridal shower theme is looking so elegant. My friend is very confused with color theme for her bridal shower at one of wedding venues Chicago. She will definitely like this idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...