Monday, September 29, 2014

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte

Everyone on social media seems to be in an uproar over this article, entitled "the disturbing truth about starbucks pumpkin spice lattes" that's been circulating since the start of PSL season: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/the-disturbing-truth-about-starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte.html

Now,  I expected to open up the article and find that the PSLs were laced with arsenic, the way that people were losing their minds over it.  I guess maybe I just assumed that everything in it was fake, based on the fact that my beloved international delights coffee creamer contains nothing natural either.  (speaking of that creamer, if you live in my area and are in search of it...I'm so sorry to tell you that I purchased the entire stock of it at the Giant Eagle by my house this week.  Better luck next time.)

So it wasn't so much the nutrition factor that motivated me to try to make one, it was more the money factor.  Look, I love PSLs.  I live for fall, and there is nothing better than sipping a warm PSL while wearing a sweater and tall boots.  That being said, a little part of me dies every time they tell me the total (which is why I stockpile any starbucks gift cards I get throughout the year until PSL season!) so I really don't buy them all that often.  Definitely a special treat kind of thing.


All of that being said, when Betsy over at BMoore Healthy posted her homemade PSL recipe, I knew I had to try it.  The recipe can be found here: http://bmoorehealthy.com/2011/10/27/pumpkin-spice-latte-minus-4/#comment-21896 

Here is my finished product (even better that I could use it in my favorite fall mug!)

it's healthy, that meant I could slather on the whipped cream, right??


Give it a try, and enjoy Pumpkin Spice Latte season!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...