Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy birthday, Jake!!

Dear Jake,

My buddy.  My little man.  Part of my heart.  You are six. SIX. You've had a big year this year....you graduated from preschool and moved on to kindergarten. The transition was not an easy one for you, but I am proud of you for going there when you didn't want to, making friends when it wasn't easy for you, and being willing to learn every day.  The things you come home to tell me, and the knowledge you have acquired recently is amazing.  Your daddy and I are so proud of how far you've come in the past few months!!

Your strong suit really seems to be math, which I'm exceptionally happy about, since that is my weak area.  You are still working on your sight word skills, and becoming better and better about sounding out all kinds of words.  Sometimes you are frustrated because you can't read "all by yourself" just yet, but you are getting there....I know it will come to you soon and I can't wait to see it all click for you. 

Your favorite things right now seem to be superheroes, ninja turtles, Legos, and cars.  You are still into watching "Jake and the Neverland Pirates", "Octonauts", and the occasional "Scooby Doo".  You and Liam have been very into "movie days" lately, where you talk me into making popcorn and snuggling up under blankets for a movie on the weekends.  It's nice to have the downtime with both of you boys, and Daddy and I enjoy catching up on some of our favorite kids movies with you :)

You are still a fierce skier, and it never ceases to amaze me.  While you're cautious about many other things in life, you are fearless out on the slopes.  You show a lot of determination, for such a young guy, and I love that. If you're out in the yard playing baseball with daddy, you want to make sure you swing that bat so that you nail the ball.  If you're coloring a picture, you want to make sure you stay in the lines and use all the right colors.  If you're building a Lego set, there is no doubt in my mind that it will be perfect because I know you are following those directions to a T and will go back and fix anything that's wrong.

We are so proud of you, and we can't wait to see what you do next!! Happy birthday!!  

2.5 months old
1 year, 4 months
1.5 years...and one of my most favorite pictures of Jake, ever.
2.5 years old
3 years old...first time skiing
4 years old
5.5 years old
alllllmost 6 years old :)

Some mommy and me shots:
2 weeks old
a little over a year
2.5 years old
4.5 years old
5 years old

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...