Monday, January 2, 2012

2011-a year in germs.

I shouldn't say that...it hasn't been this whole year, but the last half?  ugh!  It started with Jake getting some type of weird virus back in July when we were visiting my in-laws.  A few days later, Brian came down with the same thing.  A few days after that, Liam caught the bug, but his turned out to be viral meningitis.  I had to pick Jake up from school one day with a random fever in September.  Same thing with Liam.  In October, Jake randomly ran a fever of almost 103 one weekend.  That weekend happened to be my brother's wedding...Jake was the ringbearer.  Terrible timing!

Then in November, Jake was sent home with the stomach flu; Liam came down with it a few days later.  The following weekend, Brian and I both had the stomach flu.  On the same day (brutal!).  And you may remember that more recently, I had a weird flu type illness a few weekends ago.  Then my mother-in-law had the stomach flu right before Christmas.  Phew.  You'd think we'd had enough for the year, right?

Wrong.  Liam has been sleeping through the night for awhile now, but on Christmas Eve, he woke up 2 times overnight.  We didn't think too much of it, could have been teeth or anything.  On Christmas day, he seemed a bit off....but we chalked it up to him being overstimulated with so many people in the house and so much going on.  He woke up again that night a few times, then started running a low-grade fever the next day.  He also decided to become a permanent fixture to me that day.  More overnight wakings that night and a slight fever the next day (tuesday) so I took him to the pediatrician, but nothing was wrong....lungs and ears were both clear.  The doctor said it might just be a virus, but if he was still running a fever by the end of the week to bring him back in.  Thursday night his fever went up to 102.8 and he was MISERABLE.  I felt so bad for him, he was just crying and crying :(  We took him back in on Friday...ear infection. A first for him, so I guess that's good.  He's been on antibiotics for a few days now and he's like a new kid. 

So seriously 2011...take your germs, stay away.  Here's to a healthier 2012!!!

And this has absolutely nothing to do with this post, but check out this ornament Liam made for us at school...I melted when I saw it.  I love the handmade ornaments we're collecting from both kids.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...