Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Terrific Two

While he can no longer be referred to as a baby, Jake will always be my sweet baby boy in my mind. It seems hard to believe that 2 years ago today, this little man came into our lives and has since brought us so much happiness...it's such a cliche, but I really don't know where the time went. I feel like I blinked and I am now a mom to a little boy who amazes me every day with how smart, cute and sweet he is.

I forget sometimes just how incredibly tiny he was. He was 6 lbs, 2 oz when he was born, but only something like 5 lbs, 10 oz when we brought him home, which seems unimaginable to me at this point. Here he is shortly after being born and in the hospital the next day:

Look at that first picture, giving us the stink eye already...



Here he is first on his actual 1st birthday, then at his birthday party last year (according to this handy blog where I keep track of this info, he was 21.5 lbs around the time of his 1st birthday):



And here he is now sharing some after-bath smiles with his daddy...not an ounce of baby left (he hasn't had his 2 year check up yet, but the last time we had him at the office about 2 months ago, he was around 26 lbs).



So far, Jake has celebrated his birthday with his choice of breakfast (crackers, a banana and a juice box)....they are planning on going out to play in the snow at school today and tonight we'll open some presents and relax :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...