Thursday, September 5, 2013

Recipe: Creamy Marinara Chicken Pasta

Creamy Marinara Chicken Pasta


Original recipe and image found here.

2-3 chicken breasts, sauteed & shredded
1 bag of baby spinach
1 24oz. jar Marinara
1 cup heavy whipping cream (*I didn't have cream, so I just used a jar of alfredo sauce instead)
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Olive Oil
  •  Cook pasta according to package.  
  • Meanwhile, saute chicken in olive oil & season with salt & pepper.  I cut my chicken into chunks so it would cook through faster.
  • Shred chicken after it's cooked
  •  Return chicken to the pan and add spinach, marinara, cream, parmesan, and red pepper.  Cook on medium high and mix well.   
  • Cook spinach until wilted.
  •  Drain pasta, return to pot, and toss in chicken & sauce mix.
This was deeeee-li-cious.  Now, I will say that it was SPICY.  Not sure if it was the crushed red pepper flakes, or the pepper that I put on the chicken when sauteeing, but it was pretty spicy....and I don't mind spice! To put it into perspective for you, Liam wouldn't eat it (and he's not picky), and Brian was humming the "Survivor" theme song while eating and downing glass after glass of water. Oops.  My suggestion would be cutting back on both of those ingredients.  But otherwise, I highly recommend it! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...