Friday, September 6, 2013

Book Review Round-Up!

Behind on my blogging, behind on my book reviews...I'm just a mess!! 

Best books I've read recently that I adored and would highly recommend:


The Language of Flowers, by Vanessa Diffenbaugh


The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green


Bossypants, by Tina Fey

Books I've read recently that have just been meh:


Seating Arrangements, by Maggie Shipstead


The Engagements, by Courtney Sullivan
*A quick note about this one, I wanted to like it.  I wanted to love it, because I LOVED her first book, Commencement.  I enjoyed her second book, Maine, though not as much as the first book.  I thought maybe the third time would be a charm with this new one, but it wasn't the case.  Not a bad book at all; very well-written and interesting characters, but it just didn't grab me like Commencement did.

The good news is, I haven't read any recently that I would categorize as terrible, or ones that I've had to stop reading because they're just that bad.  so yay to that! 

Right now, I'm reading Where'd You Go, Bernadette? and I have a feeling it will make my highly recommended list!! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...