Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Moms rock.


Happy belated Mother's Day!!  I don't know if Brian felt guilty after last Mother's Day (which was pretty much a miserable weekend, with both of us having the stomach flu), but he really stepped up his game this year.  I told him on Sunday night that it was, by far, the best Mother's Day yet :)  Now, he's set the bar pretty high for the future, HA!  Good luck next year, buddy.

The celebration started on Friday, daycare had a Mother's Day Luau.  They had so many cute activities and crafts for the kids:

making flip flop cookies
I love the look that Liam is giving Jake!
Liam takes his turn
making picture frames
I just love this picture...Jake & Maddie :)
One of my favorite parts of Mother's Day is getting the presents that the kids make at school.  This year did not disappoint!






On Saturday, we had a pre-celebration that involved Brian cleaning the house during nap time so that I could lay on the couch in my PJ's and watch "The Real Housewives of Orange County"--BLISS!!!

On Sunday, I slept in and woke up to the kids making muffins for breakfast.  They also got me an armband for my phone to use when I run (it's nice to not have to hold it anymore!), a gerbera daisy (which was actually Jake's idea all by himself, and he picked it out!), and a box of chocolate covered strawberries that are to die for!!





We were going to visit GG & Pappy that day, and I had told my mom I would bring dessert.  I mentioned this to Brian, and knowing that "bring dessert" for me means buying something from the store, he volunteered to bake something instead.  Well, there was no way I was turning down that offer!!  Here is the delicious strawberries & cream cake that he made, recipe originally found on Pinterest here.


The day spent at my parents house was fun, the kids had a good time playing with GG, Pappy, Uncle Nate & Aunt Katie.



Happy Mother's Day, especially to our own moms...we wouldn't be who we are today without you!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...