Monday, March 14, 2011

Ultrasound #2

There's really only one perk to being considered a high-risk patient during pregnancy---extra ultrasounds! Here's the little one on Saturday (27 weeks, 3 days):



Everything looked great, his estimated weight was 2 lbs, 13 oz (I looked back through my pregnancy book from jake when we got home, around the same time with him, he was 2 lbs 8 oz) Baby was head down, directly on my bladder, which explains a lot.

We took Jake with us & he enjoyed looking at his little brother (and even asked to wear his "big brother" shirt to the event) Our ultrasound tech was a young, pretty girl, and Jake spent most of his time in the room flirting with her and cracking jokes. She commented that he was just a one man show...yep, that's him! My favorite line was after 10 minutes or so of looking at the screen with the baby, he said "Ok, let's watch one of my shows now". :)

I had an appointment last Monday, where the dr. decided to double my dose of medication. So I'm up to 500mg of aldomet, twice/day. (I had quite a few high spikes prior to the appointment). It's only been a week since the dose change, but so far so good. She also sent me for some bloodwork, just to check on how my organs are functioning & all of that fun stuff, and all of those came back just fine. I have to start going into the office once/week just as a precaution, and starting at 32 weeks, they will begin doing the non-stress tests during my visits. Less than 3 months to go!

No real belly shot to post, but here is a pic of Brian & I last week on our way to a wedding reception (hey, hey...we had a date night out, go us!). This would have been 26 weeks:

1 comment:

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Hoping that you stay free of any medical issues for the rest of pregnancy. Hang in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...