Monday, September 20, 2010

Bathroom Mini Makeover: Part 1

Remember my problem last week of not knowing how to make the colors in Jake's/guest bathroom work? Problem solved! Thanks to a great shower curtain suggestion from my friend, Blogless Erin, I was able to make the colors flow and base them around a theme that is kid-friendly without being babyish.

Here is the before of the bathroom (the pic on the right is the actual bathroom; the one on the left shows the shower curtain they left behind that I've had to look at for the past few weeks):



And now, the after:





Ta-da! The bathroom has a whole new look, and the best part is, it didn't break the bank!

Shower curtain: $24.99 (Target)
Little fake plant: $2.99 (IKEA)
Bath mat: $8.99 (IKEA)
Shower curtain rings: free (from our old bathroom)
Hand towel: free! (we had it in our old house, too)
Total cost: $36

I do plan on adding 2 pictures to cover up the holes left on the wall from this Etsy store. I just need to pick between these few prints:

Owl in Nature 6 x 6 Print Owl in Fruit Tree 6 x 6 Print Owl in Bathtub 6 x 6 Print Owl Family in Nest 6 x 6 Print

They're all so cute, I'm not sure how I can be expected to choose just two :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks wonderful! I seriously love how those small changes totally change the room so much!

I like the first two prints, the one with the squirrel and the one with the tree!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...