Monday, February 16, 2015

What we've been up to (too cold to do much edition)

If I'm being honest, we've mostly just been hibernating when we can.  I find that February is the looooongest month to get through.  Any initial excitement over winter is long gone, I get zero holidays off in this month, illness always seems to hit our house, and the temps always seem to be the lowest of the year.  All of those things have pretty much been true this month, and we're only a little over halfway through.  And all of the previously mentioned things make it pretty easy for me to stick with my weekend motto:



The illnesses started about 2 weeks ago, I had a terrible sore throat (I rarely get sore throats thanks to my lack of tonsils, so this was unusual for me)...I drug myself to the doctor after a few days to see if it was strep (it wasn't, just a virus) and lo and behold, they're still taking flu precautions and having patients rock this awesome look in the waiting room (you may remember I got to sport this same attire when I was there in December for bronchitis):


I spent the rest of the day and part of the next parked on the couch with my favorite blanket, favorite dog, and favorite housewives making a full recovery.


The next week, I was scheduled for a day off work to volunteer in Jake's class for his 100th day of school celebration; he and I were both really excited, and off he went on the bus that day, so happy that I was coming in shortly.  I get to the school about 30 minutes into their day and his teacher tells me that right after coming in, he was sitting at his desk doing a worksheet and she noticed he was crying...she went over to him and he told her that his head and body hurt so bad they were making him cry.  I met him in the nurses office to find that he's running a fever and has crazy chills and body aches.  When I asked him if he felt that way earlier when we were at the house he said that he was, but he didn't want to say anything because he was so excited for me to come into his classroom.  Poor guy :(  He pretty much immediately fell asleep on the couch, but then woke up and starting throwing up.  UGH!  NO!!! NONONONO!  That went on for the remainder of the day...sleep, wake, throw up, repeat.  I stayed home with him the next day, then he was able to go back after that.  And thank goodness, none of us got it!!


And of course.....the snow and cold.  This is what it's looked like a lot at our house:



"There's really no place that's acceptable for me to do my business INSIDE?  Seriously??"

The kids are enjoying it of course, I'm sure you remember my luge post from last week. 


After coming in from sled riding for quite some time last weekend, Liam kept insisting that he wasn't tired and didn't need to nap.  Since it was kind of late in the day at almost 2pm, I figured it was silly to try and force him and just planned on him going to bed early that night.  10 minutes after declaring there was no nap to be had, this was him on the couch:

Nope, no nap necessary here.  Not at all.

Last Sunday, Jake and daddy headed out to Hidden Valley to meet some friends for the day, leaving Liam and I with a day to ourselves.  I asked him what he wanted to do, and he wanted to go to Sunday school and go out to lunch.  Done and done!

ready for Sunday school-he picked out his own outfit :)
 I needed to run to the mall to return something, so California Pizza Kitchen located conveniently inside the mall seemed like a great pick.  Someone even conned me into letting him order dessert....



 
Other than that, we've really just been entertaining ourselves around the house.  Sometimes we play board games....


Sometimes we snuggle up and watch movies....




 Other times, we have star wars battles (in our PJs, obviously....)

 


  We've been doing a lot of coloring/crafting:

thanks for the book, Meghan!
And some of us have been soaking up the sun whenever we can get it:


I hope you've been able to seek out some sunny spots, too!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...