Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Brian did a little bit of early celebrating for Father's Day when his dad was in town last weekend, the boys (minus Liam, since I'm still not sure he would sit through something that long) went to the Pirates game and had a great time.






Thanks to a very generous neighbor and friend, they had amazing seats again in a suite:



That's two games in a row that Jake has been in a suite for a baseball game; how will he ever return to the regular stands again?? ;)  Major first world problems for such a little boy.

Our actual Father's Day was pretty low key; my dad had to work, so we saw him Friday evening and had a little cookout at our house.  On Sunday morning, I took the kids to church and then to a playground so that Brian could have a few hours to himself to go running and sit in peace.  We also gave him his gift (a knock-off Go Pro camera to take skiing) and these fun questionnaires from the kids:

I love their descriptions of what Brian does at work: "gives people money" (Jake) and "goes and then comes home" (Liam)
 
That afternoon, Brian's request was to get the slip and slides out.  I'm not a mushy person, but in moments like that, I am reminded of why I married him and love him so much....he works so hard to provide for our family and gets so much happiness from seeing me and the kids have fun.  I couldn't ask for a better dad or bigger kid at heart for those boys :)


Happy Father's Day to ALL of the dads in my life!!!  We love you!


1 comment:

JCHokie said...

I just love how they knew Brian's favorite drink was Blue Moon. LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...