Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Well, that didn't get any better.

I was a bad mom and didn't make arrangements for the kids to see the Easter Bunny, but the bunny was making an appearance at school, so I didn't feel too bad. We'll do the nice pictures first; Jake really seemed to enjoy meeting the bunny!


While he seemed to enjoy the meeting, he did have his doubts.  Here is the conversation we had in the car on the way home that night:

Jake: Mommy, I have bad news to tell you.
Me: Oh no, buddy!  what is it?
Jake: The bad news is, I don't think the Easter bunny is real. (insert me fuming over the fact that I assumed some other little kid ruined it for him) He's not real because when I looked at him, I saw HUMAN eyes.

Why he used the word human instead of say, people eyes, or real eyes or something, I don't know.  But it cracked me up!  I had to scramble and piece together that whole story about how the easter bunny has special helpers this time of year because of his busy schedule, blah blah blah.  He seemed to buy it.  Although I have to say, I don't think I'd be convinced by that bunny either, it kind of looks like I let one of the kids sew a costume together.

Moving onto Liam, well....I can at least say that he's consistent.  A reminder of his Easter Bunny reaction last year:


And a very similar reaction this year....and this wasn't even ON his lap, this was from seeing the big man down the hallway!

"WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO US??"

He was fine once they got that oversized animal out of the way, and brought out the eggs filled with treats.

 


2 comments:

JCHokie said...

I am seriously dying over the pic of Liam and the little beside him. Hysterical.

Sara said...

I have never, ever, ever liked the Easter Bunny and refuse to take my kids to see one like it. They are so creepy. I still react a lot like Liam. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...