Friday, June 15, 2012

Book Review: "Keeping Faith" (Jodi Picoult)

Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult

I've read a lot of her books. So many, in fact, that I'd taken a year long hiatus from them...you know how for as much as you may love an author, sometimes you just completely OD on their books?  Yeah, that's where my relationship with her books was.

But, I figured it was time to return to them, because I have enjoyed almost all of them in the past.  This book just happened to be the first one available through the Kindle library lending system, so that was my selection.  I was really, really into the book for about, oh I'd say, 98% of it.  It was an interesting story, there was suspense, and in her usual style, the author led you down different paths to make you think different people were the "bad" guys.  So many of her books have a huge shock factor at the end that comes out of nowhere (My Sister's Keeper, anyone??) so I was waiting and waiting for that moment.  I wasn't hoping anything tragic would happen, but I wanted something to happen.  And then....the story ended.  That was it, just....ended.  There was no something.  There was just and ending. 

Up next: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  (Mindy Kaling)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...