Thursday, June 16, 2011

FAQ's

Inquiring minds seem to want to know....

1. How is Liam sleeping?
*knock on wood*, pretty well so far. He's up frequently to eat (about every 2-3 hours, he did one glorious 4 hour stretch one night...I'm still waiting for a repeat of that), but he goes back down very easily most of the time. He's a pretty efficient nurser if I can keep him awake, so he takes care of that, gets his diaper changed & I'm normally able to plop him back down in the pack & play without hours of bouncing and singing and walking up and down the hallway.

2. How is Jake adjusting?
Again, pretty well! I think it's really helping that he's still going to school 3 days/week, I think we made a good decision there. It keeps him on a semi-regular routine and allows him to spend a lot of time outside and with his friends, but also gives him something to look forward to on Fridays & Mondays, which are his "home" days. The nice weather we've been having is helping, too...I love being able to step out on the patio, find a spot in the shade with the baby & turn Jake loose on his play set to burn off some energy.

He's very sweet toward Liam most of the time, and the other day he said out of the blue, "Mommy-I'm so happy that baby Liam is out of your belly & here with us". awww!! Which is a welcome change from a week or so ago when he said "I want baby Liam to go away!" and when I asked where he would go, Jake replied, "Let's put him in the refrigerator". (mental note-do not leave baby & toddler unattended for any period of time in kitchen....)

3. How is Gracie adjusting?
MUCH better than she did with Jake! Not sure if I ever mentioned it on here or not, but she totally shunned me after I had Jake. She didn't seem to mind the baby, it was ME she had a problem with! In my postpartum hormonal state, I was mess over this...shunned by my first baby, can you even imagine?? She eventually came around, but I was nervous that the same thing would happen this time. Fortunately, she never gave me the cold shoulder and seems protective of Liam, running to him when he cries, looking for him when we walk in the door and just showing a lot of interest in him (which is new for her-she has very few interests aside from treats & sleeping).

4. How are you feeling?
I'm feeling good, thank you for asking :) It was strange, but I felt better the day after giving birth than I had in months! I really don't think I realized how blah I was feeling at the end from my blood pressure until it was semi-under control after having the baby...what a difference!! Even with getting up a few times a night to nurse, I don't feel too sleep-deprived; I think my body got used to getting by with very little sleep from the pregnancy-induced insomnia in the last 2 months or so. And (not to be too graphic here), but my actual recovery from the delivery seemed easier this time, too. My tear was not as severe, and I didn't feel nearly as run down after.

I promise a post with pictures soon!

2 comments:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

LOL at putting Liam in the fridge, but I'm also taking notes in case Corinne gets any ideas when Ben is here. Glad you are feeling okay!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I'm glad things are going so well for you and your family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...