Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Half Birthday, Jake!

I blinked, and now I have a 2.5 year old.

Jake continues to amaze us everyday with how funny, smart and independent he is becoming. Sometimes I just sit there, surprised at the fact that I just had a full conversation with my 2 year old, during which we talked about our day, what is for dinner and what we'll do later that evening.

His still loves to play outside, he would rather do that than anything else. Trips to the zoo are still frequent and always fun for him. He's been getting into the whole superhero thing lately and has been sporting his cape at random times around the house. His favorite shows are still Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse, but he also enjoys Handy Manny sometimes, so that's on the DVR rotation as well.

Favorite toys are his basketball hoop, sand & water table, train table (he's been putting the little men who came with the table in "time out" lately for not being nice, which is hilarious), his dino and animal figures and his tool set (he LOVES to help daddy fix whatever he's working on).

He can sing part of the ABC's (I'll have to try to get it on video sometime, it's so sweet to hear); he usually skips some of the middle part, but can consistently do L-Z. He can count up to about 14, but always wants to skip number 5 for some reason. :) He knows pretty much all of the basic colors and shapes (and even octagons...what are they teaching him in school & what will they possibly teach him in kindergarten?)

I'm sure there's lots more, but that's all that's coming to mind right now. Happy half birthday, Jake!!

Here he is at 6 months (July 2008):



1.5 years (July 2009):



And 2.5 years (July 2010):

3 comments:

JCHokie said...

When did he get so big?! He's adorable!

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

He is so cute! It amazes me how much they know and remember around this age. Doing anything fun to celebrate?

jpournaras said...

Wow looking at the pictures like that, he looks like such a little boy:) I know I know, they aren't babies anymore:) He's still as cute as ever. I agree, I still look at Kins and think wow how truly amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...