Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You know you're a parent when....

You realize that everything that belongs to your baby is nicer than most of the stuff you own. Case in point: bedroom furniture. Jake's furniture is great & I love being in his room...then I walk into our room & stare at the furniture that was Brian's in his college apartment (and if you had ever been in Brian's old apartment, you'd be even more disturbed that we still have the same furniture) I was especially reminded of this yesterday when I went to put laundry away & when I pulled a drawer of the dresser open, the whole drawer practically cracked in half and a bunch of clothes came tumbling out. Brian's temporary fix? To stuff the clothes back in, shut the drawer & pretend that it never happened.

You also know you're a parent when you don't care that the baby has nicer stuff than you, more clothes, etc...and you actually enjoy buying him stuff more than you do buying stuff for yourself at this point. (his stuff is much cuter anyway!) here are some pictures of his fabulous nursery, for those of you who haven't seen it:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. We are currently using a box fan that I bought in 1993 when I was in college.

2. When you have twins and one more en route, no one has any nice stuff. The twins and Daddy were playing with a box of hand-me-down baby legos when Daddy got a little frustrated because some were Duplo, some were Little Tikes, some were Chicco . . . meaning that there was a problem with "inter-operability" as he called it.

We did draw the line and got rid of the hand-me-down toy that was supposed to tell the names of animals and their sounds. It would say "The cow says MOO!" while the arrow was pointing at a goat. Had to go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...