Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A super bedroom for a super kid!

I had mentioned in a previous post that Jake's room had started to feel babyish, and that I hoped to update some of the accents with a superhero theme.  We made the transformation this past weekend (and I use the word "transformation" very loosely-really, we just pulled down some of the old animal decor, put up some superhero signs and changed the comforter)-but I was happy with how it turned out, and Jake loved it, so that's what matters.  In typical 2nd child fashion, Liam will inherit the animal decor once he moves to a big boy bed.

Here is the before:





And, the after!! (don't mind the mismatched curtains, they were out of the color that I wanted, so hopefully I can replace those soon)

Comforter from walmart, Spiderman doll was a gift from GG & Pappy for Christmas
LOVE THIS
vintage looking signs that I picked up in NY.
Basketball hoop (Christmas gift from GG & Pappy)
Posters on the back of his door (Thanks, Beth!!)

Comforter: $24.99 at walmart
Shams & Skirt: $16 at walmart
Signs: $20
Vinyl decal on wall: $12
Spiderman trash can (not pictured): $4 at Target

Total cost for makeover: $76.99

Jake approves:

1 comment:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Yay! So glad he got the posters and they are working well. The room looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...