Sunday, July 26, 2009

Luau Party 2009!!

I was nervous....pacing...looking at the sky. Was it going to rain? Would all of Brian's hard work on the yard be wasted if we couldn't go outside?? Would we get everything set up out there only to have it start raining partway through the party? Could I even FIT 40+ people in my house?

Fortunately, my fears were unfounded as we had great weather for the luau on Saturday! It did sprinkle a few times, but nothing major and it passed just as quickly as it started. It was breezy and not at all hot, so I was grateful for that, it made for a perfect day!

We had a few guests come early so that we could put them to work :) (and some were staying at our house, so they had no choice but to help out!) The main project of Saturday: Fruit Skewers. Here are the ladies hard at work and the fabulous final product!!



Here are some other food and decor shots:



Here is my mom modeling a grass skirt made out of some of our yard plants :)



Jake had a great day running around the yard and enjoying all of the company....here he is with my friend blogless Lisa's baby and with my dad:



He also fell head over heels in love :) He and The Boss have met a few times and there were rumors that she had been smitten with him before...but I can say without a doubt that the feeling is now mutual. I'll let these pictures speak for themselves.



Thanks to everyone who was able to make it to the party...we look forward to seeing you next year!!!

Hannah, me & Melissa


Jenn & Me


Melissa showing off her cool new shades:


Amy (Aunt "Mamee") and Sally ("Nana")

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun time. Your fruit skewer display is so cute. And Jake and The Boss are adorable!

jpournaras said...

looks like a perfect day!! i was looking forward to seeing the pictures! you guys go all out for that and it looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...