Tuesday, April 28, 2009

From The Mouths of Yinzers

Over the weekend, Brian went to our local children's consignment shop while he was out running errands, they were having a 40% off sale (40% off!!) While in there, he overheard this statement:

"Yinz guys need to hurry up! Why do we need to buy all of these clothes for her? Little boys are so much easier to buy for....you buy them a pair of jeans & a few wife beater shirts and they're set".

Perhaps it was the guy we saw at the Steelers tailgate a few months ago with the word "Yinzer" tattooed across the back of his neck?

Now, before wife beater wearing people everywhere start coming at me with torches, let me just say that I don't have a problem with wife beaters. I myself, own some (are they called husband beaters in that case?) My little brother is quite fond of them and sports them around quite frequently (prompting some jokes from me about our family getting ready to appear on an episode of "Cops" with the way he's dressed....just so he doesn't yell at me, he is normally sporting them around doing yardwork or something, not as everyday attire) There's nothing wrong with little boys in wife beaters...in fact, sometimes they can be quite cute, trying to look grown up like daddy. It just struck me as a funny statement that this man seemed to think that they were the only clothes that boys would ever need to own....

2 comments:

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

awesome. just awesome.

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I think I know those people...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...