Monday, October 1, 2012

Long overdue, but Happy 6th Anniversary to US!


 I am totally slacking in the blog department lately...my sincerest apologies (I know you're all sitting around crying that there haven't been as many updates recently).  we've been dealing with some illnesses in our house (which is a blog update in and of itself that maybe I'll get to eventually), so if I have a spare minute, I'm normally zoning out and not blogging due to sleep deprivation.

Anyway---last weekend, on September 23rd we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary!!  My facebook status for that day was something like, 6 years, 2 houses, 2 kids, and 1 dog later...and we're still having a great time!  And I really do think that accurately sums up our life together :)  (technically, we had Gracie before getting married...but she still counts in our list of life accomplishments together)

6 years ago:


A few weekends ago, at a wedding:






My parents came up the day of our anniversary to babysit so that we could go out to lunch to celebrate (we couldn't go out to dinner because the steelers played at 4pm that day-we have our priorities, of course).  Brian got to pick our restaurant spot last year, so it was my pick this year....he gave me a hard time about driving 30 minutes to eat at a chain restaurant, but I was getting my Max & Erma's!!  I had been dreaming of a tortilla burger, and it did not disappoint! (and Brian was impressed with his meal as well, so it all worked out in the end)  Plus, I had a gift card & a coupon, you know how I feel about getting a good bargain, even on a special occasion ;)

Side note-you know you're getting old when, after your anniversary dinner, you have some free time before you need to head home for the football game, so you hit up Toys r Us to get diapers that were on sale.  Yeah, we're awesome like that.

Happy Anniversary, Brian!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...