Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I had a hot date.

And it wasn't with Brian.  I'll give you a few hints...it involved a handsome little man who has blonde hair, brown eyes, and is about 3 feet tall.  If you guessed Jake, you're correct. (and if you guessed anyone else, I'm disturbed to know who)

I've been wanting to have a day out with Jake, just the two of us, for awhile now.  Last Friday was Light Up Night in Pittsburgh and since I try to avoid that event like the plague, it seemed like a good idea to play hooky from work and take Jake out by himself for the day.  Our day was going to start out with the breakfast buffet at Eat n Park (YUM) followed by the Carnegie Science Center.

As we were loading up the car to leave, I reminded him that our first stop was going to be daycare so that we could drop Liam off...Jake apparently missed the memo of it being a day of fun to ourselves, because he got sad and said he wanted Liam to come with us.  I told him that we were doing stuff that Liam was too little to do, and Jake replied, "But mommy---he's growing so much everyday!"  Where does he get this stuff?? 

I finally convinced him to leave Liam at school, and we were off to the buffet!  The highlight of breakfast for Jake was the discovery of "rainbow Cheerios" (translation: Fruit Loops)  The kid has never really had sugary cereal before, so you can imagine his reaction to the bowl of sweet goodness in front of him.  Don't worry, the server will still bring your kid a free smiley cookie, even for breakfast!


We got to the Science Center right when it opened; it was our first time there and I have mixed feelings.  We had a good time, don't get me wrong...but for the price, I don't think it's somewhere we'll frequent until he's older and can take advantage of more things.  A lot of the stuff was geared toward older kids, but we did spend a good amount of time on the top floor where they had water play, construction stuff, and some lizards to pet.








I present to you, the next Demetrius Ivory





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...