Tuesday, March 22, 2011

List-a-mania!

I'm a list-lover, and I fully embrace this trait. There is nothing more satisfying to me than creating a to-do list, then marking off each item as I go along. This applies to both home and work. When I started this job, one of the first things that made me squeal with delight was the huge dry erase board that is directly behind my desk. I make daily to-do lists on it, long-term to-do lists and just general notes to myself. Sometimes I even color-code the items, just to bring more joy to my day.

All of that being said, I decided to write out a "before baby #2 arrives to-do list". My usual feeling of calm did not wash over my body as I wrote out the items; instead, my heart started beating faster & I started flipping through a calendar in a panic-filled way. Today is March 22nd; the plan as of now is to induce sometime around June 1st. A quick calculation puts me at somewhere around 10 weeks, or 2.5 months, before it's go time. YIKES. Here is THE LIST:

  • Paint nursery (this would also require picking out a paint color first)
  • Select decor for nursery and put those decorations up
  • Get necessary baby gear (pack & play, swing, etc...) out of attic, clean it off & figure out where to put it
  • Buy a few baby items that we still need (new monitor since ours barely works, 2nd base for infant seat)
  • Spring clean the house (yeah, yeah...I know it's not totally necessary, but I'd like to do it if possible, we'll see)
  • Weed the outside flower beds, plant flowers
  • The Easter Bunny is going to bring Jake a wooden swing set/play structure this year; once the bunny brings it to our house, my dad & Brian need to assemble it. From what I understand, this can be a full-weekend task.
Ok, now in an attempt to calm myself, things I have already checked off of my original list:

  • Buy new bouncy seat (purchased this one at walmart for $30!)
  • Sort & wash baby clothes; last weekend, we pulled all of Jake's newborn & 0-3 month clothes out of the attic & figured out what we would be able to use (he was born in January, this will be a summer baby). I also received a TON of baby clothes thanks to a very generous friend, so we sorted those as well and washed everything. DONE!
  • Assemble furniture for nursery; this one was kind of a cheating thing to have on the list, as the stuff was already assembled, we really just had to move it to the other room :) but, it's done!
Well, that's what I have for now. If you'll excuse me, I need to go breathe into a paper bag for a few minutes to calm down....

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

All will be well! I love lists too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...